Delegates will discuss the key issues for energy efficiency within Scotland, including:
· The long-term strategy for energy efficiency in Scotland;
· Priorities for regulation and the role of the Energy Company Obligation;
· Financing developments in energy efficiency: the Scottish Energy Efficiency Programme and attracting private investment;
· Advances in technology, including district heating, as well as sustainable domestic and commercial design and consumer engagement; and
· Engagement with consumers and businesses - and priorities for tackling fuel poverty, in light of the review by the Scottish Fuel Poverty Strategic Working Group.
Included in this seminar is a keynote address from: Paul Wheelhouse MSP, Minister for Business, Innovation and Energy, The Scottish Government.
Further confirmed speakers include: Keith Armstrong, Director of Energy Services, SSE; Matt Bridgestock, Director, John Gilbert Architects; Sam Illsley, Programme Manager, Scotland, Salix Finance; George McGhee, Chief Executive Officer, NetThings; Janice Pauwels, Head of Energy and Low Carbon, Edinburgh City Council; Dave Pearson, Director, Star Renewable Energy; Professor Karen Turner, Director, Centre for Energy Policy, University of Strathclyde; Iain Watson, Director, Energy Efficiency, Green Investment Bank; Yoav Zingher, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, KiWi Power and speakers confirmed from Ofgem and Citizens Advice Scotland.
Liam McArthur MSP, Spokesperson for Energy, Scottish Liberal Democrats and Mark Ruskell MSP, Spokesperson for Climate, Energy and Environment, Scottish Green Party have kindly agreed to chair this seminar.