Date: 19th October 2017
Join Holyrood as we explore the dynamics, influences, and pressures that continue to inform and shape Scotland’s booming blue economy and how these feed into ambitions for the future.
Key issues to be addressed
• Priorities for the ocean’s resources – from community to innovation
• How we can best ensure the blue economy stays green
• The potential of and next steps for offshore energy
• Maintaining Scotland as a byword for excellence in aquaculture
Further sessions will look at sustainability within the blue economy by creating a win-win dynamic between the sectors it contains – from food tourism to corporate social responsibility.
• Graham Black, Director, Marine Scotland
• Dr John McCarthy, Associate Professor in the School of Energy, Geoscience and Infrastructure, Heriot-Watt University
• Hamish Torrie, Director of Corporate Social Responsibility, Glenmorangie
• Professor Nicholas Owens, Director, The Scottish Association for Marine Science (SAMS)
• Dr Bill Sanderson, Associate Professor of Marine Biodiversity, Heriot-Watt University
• Dr Sandy A. Kerr, Director, International Centre for Island Technology
• Jan Matthiesen, Director of The Carbon Trust
Additional speakers will be announced in due course.
Book your place here