University of Edinburgh
Closing date Thursday, 31 January 2019
Wave Energy Scotland (WES) has identified a range of potential alternative technologies for the conversation of wave energy to utility-scale electricity. This project, which will be supported by WES, will add scientific rigor by adding structure, depth and analysis to create a structured technology development roadmap for the most attractive of these technologies.
The scope of the project includes:
- Development of a bespoke structured innovation approach to alternative technologies with appropriate analysis tools for evaluation and down selection
- Review existing studies, wider literature review and identification of candidate technologies using assessment tools
- Detailed physical and techno-economic analysis of candidate technology characteristics and identification of R&D requirements
- Structured innovation approach to creating wave energy converter architectures to optimally exploit the alternative power conversion technology
- Production (and external review) of technology development roadmap
This project will be hosted within the Policy and Innovation Group of the Institute for Energy Systems and supported by Wave Energy Scotland and Energy Technology Partnership.