ETP Energy Industry Doctorate Programme - Round 1 applications now open!
We are delighted to confirm that ETP's successful Energy Industry Doctorate Programme is back open and accepting applications. Thanks to continued funding from the Scottish Government, the programme will continue to deliver highly skilled researchers into the workforce in support of the energy transition.
This phase of the ETP PhD programme will bring the overall number of co-funded energy industry doctorates across all themes to 151 since it started in 2010. This next phase of the ETP Energy Industry Doctorate Programme will comprise 4 calls, spread out over 9-month intervals. The conditions for this phase are the same as previously:
- Each studentship must have two supervisors from different ETP universities.
- Studentships are funded on 1/3 1/3 1/3 model: up to £30k from ETP, remainder split between host university and industrial partner.
- Industrial partner can be any size, any location
Timeline of the 2021 Round 1 call
Academic areas of particular interest for the 2021 call
The PhD proposals should relate to one of the following strategic aims of the Scottish Government's policy priorities:
- Consumer engagement and protection
- Champion Scotland’s renewable energy and low carbon potential
- Improve the energy efficiency of Scotland’s homes, buildings, industrial processes and manufacturing
- Support the oil and gas sector in a sustainable, secure and inclusive energy transition
- Maintain secure, resilient and flexible energy supplies
- Empower communities by supporting innovative local energy systems and networks
Timetable for the 4 Calls in this Phase 2021 - 2023
The timetable for the 4 calls in this phase of the PhD programme is as follows:
How to apply
You can download the application form and notes for guidance here.
The deadline for applications for the Round 1 call is 12 noon Friday 11th June 2021.