About the ETP Energy Industry Doctorate Programme
The ETP Energy Industry Doctorate Programme addresses the strategic demands of industry and government for ‘industry-ready’, post-doctoral researchers to enhance energy industry innovation and knowledge exchange effectiveness.
A defining characteristic of the programme is strong industry engagement where companies are co-investors, support project specification and engage with the research directly.
Timeline of the 2020/21 intake
Academic areas of particular interest for the 2020/21 intake
The PhD proposals should relate to one of the six strategic aims of the Scottish Energy Strategy - The Future of Energy in Scotland:
- Consumer Engagement and Protection
- Champion Scotland’s Renewable Energy and Low Carbon Potential
- Improve the Energy Efficiency of Scotland’s Homes, Buildings, Industrial Processes and Manufacturing
- Support Oil and Gas Industry Strengths
- Maintain Secure, Resilient and Flexible Energy Supplies
- Empower Communities by Supporting Innovative Local Energy Systems and Networks
In addition, the following areas are of particular interest in 2020:
- Off gas grid low carbon heat solutions
- Encouraging consumers to engage in the energy transition
- Zero carbon building retrofit
- Negative emissions technologies
- Enabling heavy vehicle users to move towards low carbon technology
- Enabling the Hydrogen economy
- Enabling a green socio-economic recovery
Applications for the 2020/21 academic year are now closed.