A Sustainable Energy Conference for PhD Students and Early Career Researchers
2-3 November 2020 | Online
The ETP 9th Annual Conference 2020: A Sustainable Energy Conference for PhD Students and Early Career Researchers is taking place online from 2 - 3 November 2020.
ETP is an autonomous alliance of 13 independent Scottish HEIs providing world-class capability and resources in energy research and innovation. It works in strategic partnership with innovation translators, industry and government to future-proof Scotland's position as a world-class centre of research excellence and globally competitive driving force in energy.
What you can expect at #ETPAC20:
This year's conference will be focusing on Scotland's green recovery and the crucial role that energy will play in this journey. This event will feature guest speakers and Theme Sessions for PhD students and Early Career Researchers based internationally to present their research on sustainable energy.
- Discover the latest energy research
This is will be an informative and interactive event where delegates from academia and industry have the opportunity to discover the cutting edge research taking place in a wide range of energy fields.
- Join the energy sector in shaping Scotland's green recovery
Get involved in the discussion about how Scotland can reduce carbon emissions on the journey to net-zero.
- Gain new skills at specialist training sessions for scientists
ETP has joined forces with Skillfluence to deliver bespoke training sessions for conference delegates.
- Professor Keith Bell, Co-Director, UK Energy Research Centre & Member of Committee for Climate Change
- David Bould, Lead R&D Specialist, Ørsted
- Adel El Gammal, Secretary General of the European Energy Research Alliance (EERA)
- Sofia Koukoura, ETP PhD Alumni & Senior Asset Performance Analysis Engineer, ScottishPower Renewables
- Professor Sir Jim McDonald, Chair of ETP & Principal and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Strathclyde
- Professor Neil Robertson, ETP Solar Theme Coordinator, University of Edinburgh
- António Sarmento, Founder and President of the Board of WavEC Offshore Renewables
The guest speeches can be viewed here
Sectors who will find this event beneficial
PhD students, Early Career Researchers, academics, public sector and industry. This event is free to attend.
Join in the conversation and find updates about the conference on social media by using #ETPAC20.
#ETPAC20 is supported by our 13 partner universities: