The Energy Technology Partnership has organised a half-day event designed to provide Scottish SMEs with new ideas and insight into tackling some of the marketing issues and challenges many in the low carbon sector face. The session will explore the nature of the challenges associated with developing a renewables / low carbon business proposition in emerging and yet-to-emerge markets, using company case studies and guest speakers to look at how best to communicate value to potential customers, partners and investors in order to support future company growth.
Schedule and speakers
- 8.45 - 9.15am: Arrival, tea/ coffee and networking
- 9.15 - 9.20am: Welcome and introductions
- 9.20 - 10am: ‘Introduction to Marketing for the Renewable Energy Sector’. Dr John Thomson, Edinburgh Napier University Business School
- 10 - 10.30am: Case Study 1: ‘NGenTec – marketing a concept’. James Murray, Business Development Manager at NGenTec Ltd
- 10.30 - 11am: Tea/ coffee and networking
- 11 - 11.30am: Case Study 2: ‘Aquamarine: making the right connections’. Neil Davidson, PR and public affairs consultant to Aquamarine Power and the Port of Ardersier.
- 11.30 - 12.30pm: Workshop session: ‘Developing your value and business proposition’. Benny Placido of marketing specialists Sowilo Partners Ltd.
- 12.30 - 1.30pm: Lunch and networking