About the ETP Energy Industry Doctorate Programme
The ETP PhD programme has co-funded 132 Energy Industry Doctorates across all themes since it started in 2010. This next phase of the ETP Energy Industry Doctorate Programme will comprise 4 calls, spread out over 9-month intervals, and will take the number of awards up to 151. The conditions for this phase are the same as previously:
- Each studentship must have two supervisors from different ETP universities.
- Studentships are funded on 1/3 1/3 1/3 model: up to £30k from ETP, remainder split between university and industrial partner.
- Industrial partner can be any size, any location
Timeline for the 2022 winter call
Areas of particular interest for the 2022 call
The PhD proposals should relate to one of the following strategic aims of the Scottish Government for Scotland’s energy transition:
- Consumer Engagement and Protection
- Champion Scotland’s Renewable Energy and Low Carbon Potential
- Improve the Energy Efficiency of Scotland’s Homes, Buildings, Industrial Processes and Manufacturing
- Support the oil and gas sector in a sustainable, secure and inclusive energy transition
- Maintain Secure, Resilient and Flexible Energy Supplies
- Empower Communities by Supporting Innovative Local Energy Systems and Networks
In addition, there will be areas of particular interest in 2021-22, which will be communicated during the webinar.
Timetable for the 4 Calls in this Phase
The timetable for the 4 calls in this phase of the PhD programme is as follows:
||Not open yet
||Not open yet
How to apply
You can download the application form and notes for guidance here.
The deadline for applications for this call is 12 noon Monday 28th February 2022.