Thursday 6th June 2019, Glasgow
Prospering from the Energy Revolution: how we can all benefit from the transition to a low-carbon future
On the 6th June, the Scottish Research Pools will host the 3rd Energy Innovation Emporium.
The transition to a low carbon economy presents multi-disciplinary challenges which need collaboration across all sectors to resolve. It is crucial to ensure that society, as a whole, has access to affordable, reliable and sustainable energy. What are these challenges, and how do we organise ourselves to tackle them?
The Energy Innovation Emporium brings together the energy community to crystallise the benefits of a low-carbon future. By exploring the energy transition challenges, academia, industry and the public sector will identify avenues of innovation and cooperation that will define research and investment needs, and economic opportunities.
- Prof Sir Jim McDonald, Chair of ETP & Co-Chair of Scottish Energy Advisory Board
- David Richardson, Innovation Lead for Energy, Innovate UK
- Jim Fleming, Head of Energy Theme, EPSRC
- Alex Reid, Director of Engagement Scotland, Connected Places Catapult
- Tim German, Senior Relationship Manager Government and Regulation, Energy Systems Catapult
- Tim Rotheray, Director, The Association for Decentralised Energy
By attending this event you will also participate in National Energy Policy-themed parallel Sessions designed to help you identify opportunities for innovation and funding; Session summaries to inform strategy development. There will be the chance for pan-sector networking and knowledge exchange; exhibits & posters from academics, trade bodies and energy projects; hear from academics, industry and public sector on the identification of innovation needs and collaboration route-maps.
An official event for VentureFest Scotland 2019.
This event is free to attend.