Tuesday 29 October 2019, Glasgow
The Scottish Government invite you to take part in an interactive event to help shape the ‘Bioenergy Action Plan’. Bioenergy has the potential to play a significant role in the decarbonisation of our energy system and in supporting certain industries to decarbonise their processes. The Bioenergy Action Plan will set out how we will take advantage of the opportunities bioenergy has to offer while making sure that it is implemented sustainably and in line with our other priorities.
Development of the Bioenergy Action Plan will be guided by the following principles:
1. Policies to support bioenergy that are consistent with the ambitions laid out in the Energy and Land Use Strategy.
2. Bioenergy schemes should deliver greenhouse gas emission reductions.
3. Bioenergy schemes should represent good value for money and deliver benefits for communities and help tackle fuel poverty.
4. Biomass should be produced and managed sustainably and should be only used in heat-only or combined heat and power schemes to support heat and local supply needs.
5. A plan that will ensure demands on land for food, energy crops and other non-food crops are managed equitably.