Friday 14th June 2019
University of St Andrews
A Centre for Innovation in Energy Storage workshop supported by Zero Waste Scotland, ScotCHEM, IBioIC and ETP
The Centre for Innovation in Energy Storage (CIES) will bring together academia and industry to address one of the world’s most important technology challenges; the efficient storage of renewable energy. The aim of CIES is to establish transformational collaboration between universities and businesses. CIES presents a unique opportunity that will address both Scottish Government’s Energy Strategy and priorities and the UK’s Industrial Strategy.
The Innovation Centre will have three elements:
1. An Academic Collaboration based in the partner universities.
2. An Innovation Facility based on The Eden Innovation Campus by St Andrews.
3. An Energy Storage Research Cluster in St Andrews University.
The workshop offers the opportunity to:
- Discover new capabilities, network and build new collaborations.
- Learn about funding opportunities.
- Discuss how recycling and resource recovery can help Scotland meet its energy targets.
Areas of Interest:
- Battery Recycling Biomass
- Metal recovery
- Biodegradable packaging
- Renewable feedstock
Confirmed speakers for this event include
Prof Sudipta Roy (University of Strathclyde)
Prof Jason Love (University of Edinburgh)
Prof. John Irvine (University of St Andrews)
Andrew King (CuanTec)