Date: 28th November 2017
Location: Central London
Westminster Energy, Environment & Transport Forum Keynote Seminar
Next steps for low carbon road transport: innovation, EVs and transition strategies
- Richard Bruce, Director, Energy, Technology and Innovation, Department for Transport
- Karl Anders, National EV Manager, Nissan GB
- Ian Constance, Chief Executive, Advanced Propulsion Centre
- Matthew Croucher, Environmental Manager - Climate Change and Business Energy, SMMT
- David Martell, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Chargemaster
- and a speaker confirmed from UK Power Networks
with further contributions from:
- Sylvia Broadley, Birmingham City Council;
- Mark Chesworth, Vivergo Fuels and
- Alistair Kirkbride, Carplus
Discussing both private and public transport, it follows the release of a new UK Air Quality Plan for nitrogen dioxide (NO2), and will consider what a potential expansion in low emission vehicles might look like, research and development opportunities, and the priorities for vehicle manufacturers going forward.
Further sessions will examine the technical, infrastructure and regulatory priorities for accommodating the anticipated increase in electric vehicles, both in the home and in public places, including the installation and management of new charging points and challenges for the electricity grid.
Delegates will also consider the potential impact of further approaches for reducing pollution and aiding decarbonisation, including introducing Clean Air Zones (CAZs), adapting driver behavior and improving fleet management.