Date: 29th May 2019
Location: Technology & Innovation Centre, Glasgow
The Gathering has built a reputation over the past 4 years as a showcase and celebration of world class physics research in Scotland. All SUPA PhD students and PDRAs are especially invited to attend. As well as talks highlighting some of the latest advances in physics research across all of the SUPA Themes, the programme will offer a focus on career opportunities for early career researchers.
The programme, to be opened by Sir Jim McDonald, will include:
- a Keynote Talk by Prof Ian Walmsley on "Building quantum machines out of light",
- a Research Highlight Talk by Prof Catherine Heymans on “Cosmological tension in the Dark Universe? New physics or new data challenges”,
- talks by early career researchers,
- selected talks by current PhD students,
- a poster competition for graduate students
- an exhibition of physics impact.