Title of call: Zero Emissions Mobility Funding Call
Suitable for: SMEs
Funding size: £10,000 (30% In-Kind Contribution)
Closing date: 17:00 Tuesday 12 July 2022
Are you a Scottish based entrepreneurial SME seeking funding and technical expertise to advance the development of a novel prototype product/service that reduces vehicle emissions?
If so, ETP can offer you up to £10k of grant funding through our Zero Emission Mobility Funding Call. Funding is awarded to proposals that clearly outline an innovative technical solution that helps Scotland to achieve one or more of the following objectives:
- Design and manufacture more of the components and sub-components required to improve the performance & sustainability of electrified vehicles, vessels, and trains.
- Improve the availability and performance of the infrastructure required to charge/fuel, maintain and service electrified vehicles, vessels, and trains.
- Improve the performance of zero emission fuel technologies including batteries, hydrogen fuel cells, and biofuels.
Transport is the largest contributor to harmful climate emissions in Scotland. In response to the climate emergency, the Scottish Government is committed to reducing emissions by 75% by 2030 and to a legally binding target of net-zero by 2045.
To deliver a green recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, while at the same time responding to the global climate emergency, a mission-led approach is being taken that ensures that:
- Scotland is at the forefront of markets for zero emission mobility.
- Scotland is the global destination for innovation and investment in sustainable, zero emission mobility,
- People and places benefit fairly from the shift to sustainable, zero emission mobility.
We need to harness the entrepreneurial energy, flair, and ideas of Scotland’s Small & Medium sized business if we are to achieve these objectives in a fair and accessible way.
Businesses that are successful in securing funding from this call will have the opportunity to tap into additional support via ETP to identify and bid for further external funding that helps to move their prototype product/service towards commercialisation.
Who can apply? Eligibility Criteria
You can submit an expression of interest if your business meets the following eligibility criteria:
- Registered Small & Medium Size Enterprises (SMEs) that are based in Scotland and non-Scottish SMEs who have, or want to establish, a base in Scotland. A SME is defined as a business that employees between 1-249 people with a turnover of €50 million.
- Your project idea represents an advance in technological innovation for the Scottish transport sector.
- Your project idea must relate to a product/process that can be commercialised.
- Your project requires Research & Development (R&D) that is delivered in collaboration with university academic experts.
- You are able to contribute 30% of the total project costs. This can be an “in-kind” or cash contribution.
How to apply
Applicants should submit an Expression of Interest (EoI) that outlines no more than 100 words:
- What your potential project idea is.
- Who it is targeting (e.g., the customer/end users).
- How this funding will help to advance the idea.
- How it will support the Scottish Government in helping to achieve net zero carbon emission in the transport sector.
- The Expression of Interest is for planning purposes only. Expressing an interest does not advantage an applicant and failing to express interest does not preclude an applicant from applying for future funding.
- All EoI’s will be considered and receive a response. Those which meet funding requirements will be invited to submit a funding application.
- If you have any questions related to this call, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.